answer is NO, according to Walter A. McDermott, owner of the telephone
auditing service that bears his name.
have been reviewing the phone bills of business firms since 1968, and
it is astounding that we still uncover overbillings in approximately
50% of the cases that we work on".
We are an independent auditing firm trained to uncover hidden overbillings
of the various telephone carriers. Our practice is devoted to the recovery
of refunds and elimination of overcharges for business firms of virtually
any industry. Working
on a contingency fee basis, there is never a cost to our clients who
do not receive refunds.
To maintain our independence as auditors, we do not sell any products
All work is performed by our trained staff, and is not subcontracted
out. Combined, our senior associates have over 110 years of service
with our firm.
range of refunds can be as small as $150.00, and some refunds have exceeded
Two benefits of a successful audit...
WHAT WE DO
· Complete tariff review of your bills, performed in our office
utilizing our tariff library
· Verification of the physical inventory of your phone system
(number of lines, modems,
faxes, data, circuits, etc.)
· Verification of contract rates where applicable
· Filing of claims, complete negotiation and follow up with carrier
to secure the refund
CAN BENEFIT FROM THE AUDIT?
Any office with 10 phones or more. However, firms with one or more of
the following items would be considered the best prospects:
· T-1 service, ISDN lines, Data lines, PRI circuits
· Multiple office locations
· Services under term contracts
· Expectation of moving or changing telephone carriers